Monday, December 2, 2013

Urban Catwalks and Platforms

The first project I want to share is my most recent... I'm so excited about it, and it is very much still a work in progress, but as you will see, it's playable, so I had to snap a few shots.  More detail work will come soon, but so far, I'm pretty happy with how it has turned out.

The idea for this project is simple... I wanted platforms and catwalks to make a variety of urban settings.  To be able to bring a civilized element to many other terrain groups.  I wanted a set that was highly modular and infinitely configurable, While fitting in a single shelf of space for the entire set.  That being said, I needed to keep the colors simple, and what better than... GRAY!!!  Exciting I know, but it goes really well with all of the other sets I have going right now.  It is constructed out of foam-board and granny grating.    TL;DR... Platforms and Catwalks.





Pics:










You can see in this last shot how it compares when on my slate mat vs my icy/cloud mat.  Don't worry I will get to those.  But you can see how it will fit in each setting pretty well, and I did up a few test pieces start to finish to show the level of detail I hope to achieve.  It isn't nearly as bright as it appears, I can't get the lighting quite right.




No comments:

Post a Comment