Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Bugs - Final Details

I am... DONE.  Long patient road, but man was it worth it.  This last week has been bonkers in terms of the amount of work put in on these pesky bugs, but I think it has paid off.  I have really enjoyed this whole project and I gotta say, I think it is some of my best work.  The proof is in the pudding, but you can see some of it for yourself.

See More by clicking the link.








Insect patterning on the big bugs

  • Went over the Carapace with Black to outline the shapes I wanted to do.
  • Dark Blue (Regal Blue) to give it the right overall color
  • Stipple Highlight with Light Blue (Lothern Blue) dots 
  • Leave enough color from the previous layers to show all the variation.


Otherwise just doing effects paints on the mouths/guns to show off the slimy nature of most insects.
























1 comment:

  1. Kyle,
    I love the marking on these nids. they are just fantastic and very unique. It looks like it was crazy work, but I think it was worth it in the end. They definitely stand out! Great job on the gooey shooty bits too!

    ReplyDelete