Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Hot Feet! - Desert Terrain Set

I did this set at the request of a friend to have terrain to match his army.  He plays Tau, and thus... Desert Theme!  

Made from Foam, both Blue and Polystyrene and the smaller pieces are mounted on CD's covered in sand which have quickly become my favorite basing material.  

This set of terrain was a TON of fun to build, but I really wasn't happy with the paint scheme the first go around.  FAR too yellow.  I redid it to much more dulled earth tones, in browns and grays, and then finished it with a light coating of earthy yellows to simulate the desert wind blowing all over everything.  Very sparse vegetation, mostly just small shrubs and brown tufts of grass with a few low cover tiles with a few cacti and succulents.  I think it blends well with my grassland hills and other earth tone terrain pretty well, but eventually it will include sand dunes, and Tau specific buildings and fortifications.



Desert Terrain






Just wanted to include a pic with some in-game action.  My buddy hasn't fully painted his army yet, but you can see the basic colors match the table really well.  This pic also teases my next post... ALIEN SPORES!

No comments:

Post a Comment