Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Bio-Spores - Infecting a planetary body near you!

My last post teased about showcasing my all-time favorite project thus far.  I saw a similar idea posted and immediately knew I had to do something similar.  I built this because a buddy of mine just got engaged, and I wanted to give him a hand made gift.  So I made twice as many as I would otherwise, with the intention of splitting the set with him.

Goals for this project:

  • Spend less than $10 Total
  • Use as many scrap/trash materials as necessary
  • Show movement and growth of the plant life
  • Have both Line of Sight blocking pieces and area terrain pieces

With my goals in mind, I set out.  The set is made from plastic eggs, pistachio shells and assorted sizes of starfish.  The roots are small sticks from my backyard.  All mounted on my go to CD bases.  The set is 4 sets of 5 different growth stages of the bio-spore, from just landed to fully developed and spawning.  

Alien Bio-Spores:
L1 - Spores just popping out of the ground fresh from the drop.  
L2 - Little more growth
L3 - You can see the spores are fully unearthing themselves at this point, and the tops are steadily growing brighter and thus more lethal.
L4 - Spores are now in the growth and movement phase, and you can see the roots starting to produce their own fledgling spores.  The tops are even more bright, and the main pod min spores are showing vibrant vines and oozing openings. 


 Just wanted to include a shot of them on the battle field.  They blend pretty well with the desert set I have made, with the earthy bases, and go really well on the grassland set.

No comments:

Post a Comment