Thursday, January 16, 2014

Welcome to the Jungle - Part 2 (Now with Battle Mat)

Posted the jungle set before I finished the mat I was making.  I just couldn't wait patiently one more day to post the whole thing together.  Finally finished the Jungle mat I have been working on.  This is now officially my favorite mat, and it will be the the star of many games in the future.

I did this using the same methods I have done the last few, following the DIY guide from Miniwargaming.com found Here.  The basic run down is very simple.  Painters Tarp (aka Duck Cloth or Canvas) that is covered in acrylic caulking in several thin layers, allowed to dry between each, given a random textured surface on the last coat, and then painted with the trusty airbrush, sealed with a matte coat, and then cut to size.

This particular mat was done in several shades and tones of green.  I wanted a very earthy vibrant feel to a mat, and I think I pulled it off on this one.  As usual, more pics after the jump.

















No comments:

Post a Comment