Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Bigger Bugs

Just figured I was approaching the climax of another tray of bugs and wanted to keep a decent record of it.  Here is the scoop on the big bugs so far.

I did the flesh of the bugs the same way as the rest of the swarm, to keep the consistency.  The armor plating on the big bugs is what will set them apart, and yes, while it isn't done yet, they are technically tabletop ready.

Plenty more pics after the jump.





I did up the armor plating in the bone tones instead of yellow to make a washed out canvas for the future add of the insect patterning.





I stopped at the half way point in the shot above to showcase the change the streaking makes in the armor.  You can really see it pop out with just that one small change in the plating.  Distinguishing the big bugs even further with the patterning will really make it stand out from the flesh tones while keeping that blended tone to match the rest of the army.












Still to do:
Patterning on big bugs
Weapons on big bugs
Slime
Blood
Basing

Holy crap... typing that out just makes me realize how far along I've come with this swarm.  The detail layers are going much more quickly.  If I had to estimate, I would say I am about 80% complete, but again, if feels like I am zooming along more quickly now that I can see the finish line in sight.


1 comment:

  1. Great job on these guys so far Kyle. Very consistent across them, and the scheme is really awesome!

    ReplyDelete