Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Alien Plant-life

The VERY first time I went to Hobby Lobby, I fell in love at least a dozen times.  This was for me, the start of terrain building.  Having just walked in and finding literally isles full of plastic plants, I knew that I would be making some alien plant-life for my games.  I will admit I've been to a hobby location nearly every weekend since.  Mostly for inspiration, but also for raw materials.  Foam-board, Glue, Spray-paint, you name it, I get it there.


This Set was made using the supplies I got from my very first trip.  I spent maybe $40 on assorted fake flora, and couldn't be happier with my purchase.  These were all assembled over a year ago, but I just recently found my stash of old photos.  These were mounted on thin balsa board and simply covered with the same Astro-turf as the table.  At the time, I was happy with how these came out, looking back, I see how I would do them better, and am now in the process of re-doing many of these.  I will do a follow up post on a more polished set, but for now... a blast from the past.

Alien Plant-Life:












 These crater fillers were done out of dried lotus pods.  These are the only "real" plants I have used thus far, and while they are messy when cut into, they make a decent starting point for terrain that is very xenos oriented.  



No comments:

Post a Comment