Monday, August 25, 2014

Acquisition Tyranids

Been a while since I have provided any real content to this blog eh...

Notice anything in that pic?
So much yellow... so many bugs.

That's right folks, Tyranids.  I have been up to my elbows in painting the 'Nid horde you see in the following pics.  These came to me by a buddy looking to off-load them.  I got them for quite a great price, and I gotta say, other than the time consuming nature of painting such a swarm, it's been nothing but a lot of fun.





These are still nids very much in progress.  I have been very methodical in my painting with this army, doing one layer at a time for every single model before moving on to the next.  The airbrush has been a life saver.  Without it, I wouldn't be even vaguely as far as I am now, and having learned to do washing with it I can base/layer a whole army in an hour.

My general theme here is a very desert look.  Pale yellows and flesh tones for the skin and dulled sand-blown blues for the armor pieces.  So far, I would list my progress at about 50%.  I will post a few more shots of what I have so far, but the other reason for updating is to show off some terrain built.  Pics incoming.





No comments:

Post a Comment