Saturday, January 18, 2014

Don't Burn Your Toes - Lava Mat

Figured since I was doing a Jungle mat... and had all the materials to do a 2nd one, might as well get it done in the same time frame right?

I had the idea to do a Lava mat for quite some time now, seeing a few other examples, they mostly looked really well done, but one really stuck out in particular.  Seeing a mat done up completely in the lava colors and then some flat slate grey elevated points, I wanted to duplicate that kind of look.  So I made a mat with the reds/oranges/yellows on the mats, and future plans will include some slate gray plains areas.  The idea of course is to have the lava only really show between the flat areas.  I did the mat up, and wanted to test it so here are some pics in progress.  I used the existing hills I have, but imagine less elevation and several, nearly interlocking pieces with a few bridges/connecting points to allow for safe movement between magma flows.








No comments:

Post a Comment