Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Stronghold Assault - Version - Hipster

I posted the Cloud set I did up last night, and as I was uploading the pics, I got the urge to organize my picture sets.  Doing so gave me a headache, but hey, what else is new right?  I came across quite a few shots of past games, and tried my best to organize them such that my OCD to tag/label every iota of data was satisfied.  In doing so, I came across some relevant shots of a game from about a year ago.

I mostly just wanted to show off terrain that can really impact the game.  Buddies and I did a 2v2 game using this laser cut FORTRESS terrain from Warmill.co.uk found Here.  This set really shows what kind of terrain setup you can potentially have when you are not willing to give any effort, but instead just want to throw money at the problem.  While the buddy that got this setup as a gift only plays rarely, he was super excited to show it off, and other than the unpainted models all over the board, I think it looks great.  He even let me keep the scraps, so expect to see some extras from the set sometime in the future.

So long story still kinda long, we played this match up about a year before there were official rules for strongholds, and I gotta say, I was a great game.  Can't wait to start using it with the new rules.








No comments:

Post a Comment